Date: Jan 31, 2011 Source: (
click here to go to the source)
Washington, D.C. -- The Commercial Spaceflight Federation is pleased to announce that seven companies providing support services to the commercial spaceflight industry have joined the Federation as Associate Members: ARES Corporation, Cimarron Software Services, Ecliptic Enterprises Corporation, Innovative Health Applications, MDA Corporation, RS&H, and SEAKR Engineering. With the addition of these new Associate Members -- in locations ranging from Kennedy Space Center, Florida and Denver, Colorado to Houston, Texas and Pasadena, California -- the Commercial Spaceflight Federation now includes over 40 leading aerospace companies contributing to the growth of commercial human spaceflight.
Bretton Alexander, President of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation, stated, “We are thrilled to have these innovative companies joining the Commercial Spaceflight Federation. Each of these new members contributes unique skills and capabilities to the commercial space sector, and each company better enables our organization to accomplish its key mission of promoting commercial spaceflight.”
The new associate members of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation made the following statements:
• Robert Curbeam, President, Aerospace and Defense Division, ARES Corporation, stated, “As the safety and mission assurance and risk management supplier of choice to NASA’s commercial spaceflight partners, ARES is proud to partner with CSF and the rest of the commercial space industry to promote safe, innovative, and cost-effective transportation solutions.”
• Rob Campbell, Vice President of Business Development for Cimarron Software Services, stated, “As the commercial spaceflight industry continues its growth, the CSF is poised to continue its vital role in promoting this great mission and enabling the CSF members and the commercial spaceflight industry. Cimarron is proud to join this visionary association and looks forward to the collective achievements of the CSF and its membership towards the reality of commercial human spaceflight.”
• Rex Ridenoure, CEO of Ecliptic Enterprises Corporation, stated, “This is the decade that commercial human space travel transitions from the era of being envisioned, discussed and pioneered to the era of being commonplace. Ecliptic is eager to join the leaders of this rapidly growing market as the new technical systems and operational concepts are developed in parallel with the necessary financial and regulatory frameworks and customer relationships.”
• Dr. Leroy Gross, CEO of Innovative Health Applications (IHA) stated, “I am pleased that IHA is now a member of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation. IHA contributes health and environmental protection expertise to the commercial space mission.”
• Paul Cooper, Vice President of Strategic Development for MDA Corporation, stated, “MDA believes an agile commercial approach to space development is fundamental to the future of space, and looks forward to working with the CSF.”
• Wayne Finger, Vice President of Aerospace and Defense for Reynolds, Smith & Hills, Inc. (RS&H), stated, “For decades, RS&H has provided time tested designs of spaceports and equipment for human space launch. We are a strong and active participant in bringing commercial spaceflight to fruition and are honored to support the Commercial Spaceflight Federation.”
• Scott Anderson, president and co-founder of SEAKR Engineering, stated, “SEAKR Engineering is very pleased to be a part of CSF. We are looking forward to being a part of the emergence and growth of the commercial spaceflight industry and working with such a visionary, motivated, and energetic group of industry leaders.”
About the Commercial Spaceflight Federation
The mission of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation (CSF) is to promote the development of commercial human spaceflight, pursue ever-higher levels of safety, and share best practices and expertise throughout the industry. The Commercial Spaceflight Federation’s member companies, which include commercial spaceflight developers, operators, spaceports, suppliers, and service providers, are creating thousands of high- tech jobs nationwide, working to preserve American leadership in aerospace through technology innovation, and inspiring young people to pursue careers in science and engineering. For more information please visit www.commercialspaceflight.org or contact Executive Director John Gedmark at email@example.com or at 202.349.1121.
About ARES Corporation
With a top-notch team of engineers, scientists, and other professionals, ARES focuses on solving industry’s most complex technical challenges in the key areas of energy, defense, aerospace, the environment and critical infrastructure. ARES provides or has provided expertise to some of our nation’s most important projects such as the International Space Station, Space Shuttle, the Hubble Space Telescope, the Commercial Orbital Transportation Services (COTS) and the Commercial Resupply Services (CRS) programs. For more information please visit http://www.arescorporation.com/.
Cimarron Software Services Inc. is a software engineering and systems integration team which has been continuously involved with Human Space Flight since 1988, devising software and control systems for the onboard Shuttle, Shuttle payloads, Ground Control and Training Systems at Johnson Space Center, and International Space Station avionics suite, along with work related to Commercial Orbital Transportation Systems (COTS). Cimarron is headquartered in Houston, Texas. For more information please visit http://www.cimarroninc.com/.
About Ecliptic Enterprises Corporation
Ecliptic is the world’s leading supplier of onboard video systems for use with rockets and spacecraft—its RocketCam™product family—and enjoys a strong customer base in commercial, civil and defense markets. RocketCam fans should expect to see on average one launch per month for the next several years. The privately held firm’s core competencies include space systems engineering, aerospace avionics, instrument systems and aerospace test equipment. For several years, video and payload control systems on spacecraft in Earth orbit and at the Moon have been a solid and growing part of the firm’s business base. Ecliptic has offices in Pasadena and Moffett Field, California. For more information please visit http://www.eclipticenterprises.com/.
Innovative Health Applications, LLC (IHA) is a professional services firm dedicated to providing state-of-the-art services in comprehensive health to the aerospace community. IHA’s work at Kennedy Space Center in Florida is critical to the support and maintenance of NASA and commercial aerospace initiatives at KSC and worldwide. It provides the turnkey support and sustainability for new ventures to come to KSC and other space complexes as it provides the critical services to maintain daily operations. For more information please visit http://www.ihamedical.com/.
For more than two decades, human space flight has been supported by advanced robotics developed by the Space Missions unit of MDA. We have combined complex robotics with control software to develop the Space Shuttle’s Canadarm and the Mobile Servicing System for the International Space Station. MDA’s satellite solutions provide responsive and reliable access to space, and MDA is also a leading supplier of commercial satellite payloads, systems and subsystems including antennas, digital, microwave and power equipment for communications and remote sensing satellites. Our US operations specialize in the design and development of space qualified software and hardware systems for space and defence applications, as well as the provision of geospatial information services. For more information please visit http://www.mdacorporation.com/.
RS&H is a facilities and infrastructure consulting firm with more than 60 years of aerospace experience, as RS&H has completed hundreds of projects for the Saturn/Apollo program, Space Shuttle Program, NASA’s exploration initiatives, Private Spaceports in Florida, the Central US, Wallops Island, VA, Australia, and numerous military launch facilities. We provide a range of services including the design of launch support facilities, specialized structures, ground support equipment, oxidizer and propellant storage and transfer systems, and high and low pressure gas systems. Offices are located in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Massachusetts and Washington DC. For more information please visit http://www.rsandh.com/.
About SEAKR Engineering
SEAKR Engineering is a world-leading provider of advanced state-of-the-art electronic avionics for space applications. Since its inception in 1982, SEAKR has delivered some of the most sophisticated solutions in the industry on-time and on-budget. More than eighty of these units have launched with all having met or exceeded mission objectives. SEAKR’s leading edge space avionics include IP routers as well as software-defined radios, high-performance payload processors, modular spacecraft avionics, and solid state recorders. For more information please visit http://www.seakr.com/.