- TechSeeker Portal
- Awardee Lobby
- Event Details
- My Work Area
|Elements of this discussion|
|What is a Nutshell?|
|What does having a Nutshell do for me?|
|Preparing your Nutshell:|
|Why a template format?|
|Advanced Individual Accounts:|
|How much does this cost?|
|Best foot forward:|
What is a Nutshell? What we call your Nutshell is a brief two-three page piece -prepared to a common form and format - that provides a preliminary but useful overview of what you bring to the table in any technology/business relationship. Once in place, Nutshell status is a ONE-YEAR commitment. You may edit and update that document as often as you feel necessary over that one-year period.
What does having a Nutshell do for me?
Useful business exposure in a range of contexts.
- Being a Nutsheller gives claim to a FIVE-minute plenary session presentation slot at any (or all) events organized by idi over that one-year period. These events may include the Annual Forum; any of the ...focused on series etc. These presentation slotsare at no-cost over that of regular event attendance.
- A fully indexed version of your current Nutshell(s) is maintained online over the one-year period. That version is fully searchable and entirely accessible by Tech Seekers - those in large and mid-sized firms with whom we work, and who are, most usually,directly responsible for identifying and developing working relationships with external sources of technology.
- A pdf version of the Nutshell is also listed in the SBIR TechBase® - a major part of the online ASSET system. This site and system is now used by a large number of major and mid-sized corporations as their primary tool to identify and to reach into the expertise and capabilities of the SBIR community. A large number of deals and millions of dollars of business transactions have been forthcoming out of this effort.
- Where the awardee made a Nutshell presentation at any of our events, the audio and ppt related to that Nutshell are also available online to Tech Seekers.
- All current Nutshells are featured on the Event and Presentation CDs which we compile and distribute extensively at meetingsin which we participate all year round. These include Trade and Industry Shows, Industrial convenings of various types, Professional meetings etc
Preparing your Nutshell:
The piece is most conveniently prepared online as a series of components elements. You may cut and paste from existing pieces or prepare fresh material. You can do this task incrementally. The system will retain all your work as is. The whole is then automatically formatted only when you are finished. A downloadable version of the finished product template is available here both
- to allow you to see the look of the finished piece
- and, if you insist, to enable you to do the prep work offline.
Why a template format?
Whileperhaps somewhat constraining, using an online template format ensures that the data it contains can flow readily into the databases we have set up for most Tech Seekers to manage their SBIR activity with us.
Having Nutshell status allows you to update and maintain the currency of your piece as often as you need over the one-year period.
We understand that many SBIR firms have enabling technologies and/or a number of potential areas of collaborations across industry space. This often makes it difficult to consolidate what you want to say to different groupings in a single piece. Therefore, if this applies to you, you might want to consider preparing different Nutshells for each of these areas. We are happy to discuss this option with you. (email).
Advanced Individual Accounts:
Those of you who have established an Advanced Individual Account with the ASSETs system are reminded that this account - among many other things -includes a Full Nutshell with an unlimited number of Special versions (multiples for different industry space)
How much does this cost?
The cost of a simple One-Year Nutshell posting account is set at $295.00, payable at the time of upload. Discounts: Participation at an ASSETs event is NOT required an Awardee to have a Nutshell on file and used as indicated. However,
- Where a representative of the firm does attend an event during that year, at the time of registration a $100.00 Nutshell credit will be allowed against the Registration Fee. During the online Registration Process, the system will automatically make that adjustment.
- Where someone from the firm registers for an event and, at that same event arranges for a one-year Nutshell account, the cost of that Nutshell will be reduced by $100.
Note that Only ONE such Nutshell credit per firm will be applicable.
Best foot forward:
Finally, idi personnel reserve to right to request timely re-write or major edit in those cases where the firm appears to have interesting capability(ies) but the descriptive piece is not up to standard and/or does not appear to serve them well.
Though we will not give unlimited time to help in that regard, we will assist in that process to ensure that poor quality presentation is not limiting exposure to what you do.