... about ASSETs: Access SBIR-STTR Scientific & Engineering Talent system
Did you know that.....
- SBIR Awardees - now almost 21,000 - are arguably largest single concentration of technical talent.500,000 advanced degreed engineers & scientists ...see more
- Collectively, SBIR-STTR involved have issued well over 100,000 patents - overwhelming percentage current and having requisite international holdings. Solid citation rate. Daily, 10-12 USPTO issued patents involve SBIR-STTR involved firms. ...see more
- 25% R&D 100 Awards involve SBIR Awardees - several being multiple winners. Comparable percentages in other technology recognition settings ...see more
- In recent years, ONE in every SEVEN-EIGHT VC dollars invested in US have been to SBIR-STTR involved firm. 2328 firms to date (10.74% of all awardees) investment dollars factoring to 50%+ more than total federal SBIR-STTR awards ($34.27B) ...see more
- 1657 SBIR-STTR M&A transactions - 7.8% of all awardees. 1102 buyers - 29% themselves SBIR awardees, some having outgrown size standards. Major percentage of acquirers are major corporations - many having multiple SBIR acquisitions. Median value: $42M; Average price: $365M ...see more
- 2375 major/mid-sized corporations have working relationships and/or business transactions and relationships with SBIR-involved firms ...see more
.... that ASSET system
outcomes already have enabled hundreds of serious on-their-site discussions between interested Tech Seekers and a wide range of particular SBIR-involved firms; dozens of consummated working relationships and transactions worth in excess of $200M to date.
The first word of the acronym ASSETs - Access SBIR-STTR Scientific and Engineering Talent system
- defines well what we do as a company and, to a lesser extent, what this site is about. Offered by Ann Eskesen
- part of the small group which originally worked on development and passage of the SBIR enabling legislation and, since then, longtime leading SBIR advocate - the ASSET System NOT at all about getting, or even managing, SBIR awards
. Nor is it about simply showcasing what the small firms has.
Instead, the effort here is to focus on enabling the Business of Phase III.
Engaging a systematic needs-driven, market-pull approach ... i.e. what does the buyer need - the effort is to provide the various means, the context, the tools, the resources AND the opportunity(ies) required on- and offline systematically and effectively to realize the value of what SBIR-STTR has created. What we do - on- and offline - is pro-actively to enable real business transactions and, even more importantly, through various systems and techniques, to facilitate actual working relationships between
Complementary to those efforts - primary engaged offline - the listing below briefly overviews and provides - though in somewhat truncated form - for general usage by the range of persons with SBIR interest some of the resources we use off-site to support and achieve within our designated space.
- those specific firms among the SBIR Community with the requisite skills-sets and capabilities the Tech Seekers need and want to use, along with the in-place IP and the products they want to buy
- those in major and mid-sized corporations - called here Tech Seekers - wishing to identify, and needing access to, the demonstrated talent, capabilities and in-place outcomes of SBIR-involved firms
Extensive listing of large and mid-sized firms across all industry segments known to have working relationship(s) with SBIR-STTR involved firms OR to be actively seeking such connections. While useful and instructive as is, we know list is not complete. Opportunity provided for input re. form/focus of working relationships not listed here.
Forms of relationships range from simply monitoring; some product purchases; contract and/or sub-award; strategic alliances; (cross) licensing; project partnering; investment; full blown acquisition.
Lists every SBIR-involved firm from earliest through most current awardees profile access to a no-cost Basic Profile with useful indication of extent/form of SBIR participation. More comprehensive Reports (by firm) available for purchase. Opportunity to update and supplement profile - Wiki profile.
Priority listing of firms with In-System Enhanced Profiles - common format, fully indexed mini-website supporting detailed Capability Statements and full back-to-firm access. Enhanced exposure to SBIR firms with Nutshells on file, with Product Catalog listings and/or ASSETs IP Trading involvement.
Proprietary idi developed databases arguably most comprehensive and sophisticated available - accurate and current to most recently announced awards and replete with technology and business-relevant detail. Used by many agency personnel to monitor awardees, by large firms in role as Tech Seekers, by State support organizations and professional service providers to do their jobs; by policy investigators and economic development analysts. Sophisticated search capability now supports set-building for direct download purchase without subscription.
idi has a many years track-record of very effective events taking a different approach. Specialize in smaller-scale efforts carefully designed to maximize interactions between participants. Useful Content sessions engaging leading-edge experts and employing interesting formats and powerful analyses, get past the once-over-lightly discussion of issues being addressed. Consistently rated by attendees - large and small firms alike - as among most useful meetings in which they have participated, there is a reason that we get to see some players regularly. Increasingly popular and effective are the inknowvation@work® sessions featuring a single Tech Seeker and held on their own premises. Whether group or on-company focused sessions, rate of post event interaction leading to working relationships is substantial. It's all about getting to the deal by having the right people in the room.
... in the States. There is considerable interest in many quarters re. how different states are varying in the SBIR-STTR dollar sweepstakes. By a number of variables, this area of the site permits search and display of these data. Not offer online - but available on request - are useful information concerning distribution within Congressional districts. We are also open to allowing those State-based SBIR Support entities who are interested to have an online office with Brass Plate in which their services etc can be posted.