To identify with some specificity those who make up each one of these groupings. How we are (probably uniquely) able to do that is discussed below
- To varying degrees of detail, to permit those who are Site Registered -- No-Cost as well as Full System Users -- to Search and Sort within that grouping
- AND - potentially very useful and maybe even game-changing - to provide the context, the tools and resources that support and build out on the notion of Community; to allow those having common interests across institutional lines as well a within any grouping, to find and to interact with each other.
In the very earliest days after having achieved passage of the original SBIR enabling legislation in 1982, to maintain the integrity of the implementation of what was a highly controversial program effort, we began systematically to keep the SBIR record in a single database. Intially focused primarly on following-the-money - which small firms in what state got how many dollars from which agency for what purpose - as database technologies and tools evolved and sources of information opened up, just as systematically we expended the effort also
- to track a range of related information about awardees
- and, by extension, to compile considerable data and to make the connections to these other players who make up the SBIR Community.
- making the right connections between those in Large and Mid-Sized firms with outreach responsibility to find appropriately skilled Partners from among the SBIR community. Designated ASSETs, this is in fact the primary business of the Innovation Development Institute and has already enabled more than $250M of transactions to date
- interested Agency personnel and State SBIR Support better to understand - and make use of -
- the extent and form of SBIR involvement in other agencies of their current awardees
- and more fully to profile the background and present business condition of the same